Indications and usage of afobazol:
For adults in alarm state:
– Generalized anxiety disorders;
– Nervous prostrations;
– Adaptation disorders;
For adults with different somatic diseases:
– Bronchial asthma;
– Irritable bowel syndrome;
– Systemic lupus erythematosis;
– Coronary heart disease;
– Idiopathic hypertensia;
– Dermatological and oncology diseases;
– Disturbance of sleep connected with anxiety;
– Neurocirculatory dystonia ;
– Premenstrual syndrome;
– Alcohol withdrawal symptoms;
– For relieving smoking withdrawal symptoms.
Pharmacological group: antianxiety agent (tranquillizer).
Drug description: white or white-creamy tablets, flat faced, with a flat edge.
Pharmacological effect: anxiolithic activity.
– Hypersensitivity to components;
– Galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption;
– Lactation period;
– Not for pediatric use under the age of 18.
Adverse effects: possible allergic reactions. Rare – headache, that lets up by itself.
Dosage and administration:
Per os, after the meal.
Desirable single dose – 10 mg, daily dose – 30 mg in 3 intakes throughout a day. Treatment duration should be no more, than 2-4 weeks.
On the doctor recommendation and if needed, daily dose can be increased to 60 mg and treatment duration – up to 3 months.
Overdosage: symptoms: in case of severe overdosage and intoxication a sedative effect and excessive sleepiness can take place without visible muscle relaxation.
Treatment: as a part of emergency care – 20% theine sodium benzoate solution is applied (1 ml 2-3 times a day).