Indications and usage:
Treatment of vaginitis caused by microorganisms susceptible to the medication, including:
– Bacterial vaginitis;
– Vaginal trichomoniasis;
– Vaginitis of mixed etiology associated with anaerobic flora, including Gardnerella, vaginal yeast infections (vaginal candidiasis), etc.;
– Vaginitis associated with Candida fungus.
Prevention of vaginitis, including:
– Before gynecological surgeries;
– Before childbirth and pregnancy termination;
– Before and after intrauterine contraception installation;
– Before and after electrocauterizing conization of cervix uteri;
– Before hysterography.
Contraindications: hypersensitivity to drug components.
Pregnancy and lactation period:
Possible use of the medication from the second trimester of pregnancy.
Dosage and administration:
For vaginal administration.
Put the vaginal tablet as deep as it is comfortable into the vagina (this is easiest when lying on your back with your knees bent up). Use the tablet before going to bed. Before the administration, keep the vaginal tablet in water for 20-30 seconds.
Average treatment duration is 10 days; in case of diagnosed fungal infection the treatment can be extended up to 20 days; average duration of preventive treatment is 6 days.
Adverse effects: itching, rash, swelling, redness, discomfort, burning, irritation, vaginal peeling or bleeding. In individual cases allergic reactions are possible.
Overdosage: there is no available information.
Drug interaction: there are no clinically significant interactions.
Precautions: Simultaneous treatment of both sex partners is highly advisable.
Do not stop the treatment during menstruation.
Tergynan should be used in the vagina only.
Do not put the tablet in your mouth or swallow it.